Monday, June 25, 2012

Ear Training with YogiPlay Do Re Mi App

I gave in and purchased an app to help with practice time and I am so happy with it.  Yogi Play Do Re Mi app teaches ear training with the option of using solfegge, colors, numbers and characters like stars and animals.  Parents or teachers can register to allow the app to be geared toward individual children and their level.  Both my 10 yr old and my 2 year old love it. 

I am definitely not a proponent of using much screen time.  My children have a 3 hr a day total screen time limit which includes all tv, movies, computer and kindle etc. so if they choose to do their practice on the app that does take away some of their screen time.  but it has definitely increased my daughter's excitement for practice time.

I try to be right there teaching and experiencing with the girls when they use it,  That way I can stop them and ask questions like "what interval was that?; What are the Curwen handsigns for the song you just played on that game?  OK now stop and go play that song on the piano for me.. . ." etc. 

Be Musically Inspired,

Janelle Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! I will post it as long as I feel it is appropriate for my audience. Thanks!