Friday, June 15, 2012

Violin Practice with a Left Arm Cast?


It definitely takes creativity, but when Morning Glory broke her thumb and is most likely going to be in a cast for the summer, we decided to find ways to practice. Today our practice time was very fun: I asked her to find a song she likes and we would transpose the treble clef notes into violin language (ie 2 on A, open E, etc.) I was amazed that she knew them instantly and was even able to take to take it a step farther and tell how to play the notes on higher or lower octaves.

I had no idea she could read notes for violin so well. What a wonderful Mom and music teacher reward moment!

Be Musically Inspired,

Janelle Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! I will post it as long as I feel it is appropriate for my audience. Thanks!