Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Teaching Music: 2, "What do you Love About Music?"

One of the most important things to discover in teaching music to a new student or to your family, is what motivates them to enjoy music?  Asking questions like "What do you love about music?"  Or "What is one of your favorite songs?"  can help start a conversation in which you can begin this important discovery.  Here is another important thought:  Do you know why you love music?  Have you ever written it down or expressed it to another person in some form?  The "why" of music for each indvidual can make a big difference in the ways they are motivated to better enjoy and express their love of the language of music.

I would love to hear what motivates you, or your students or family etc, to better appreiciate this wonderful, musical  gift.

Be Inspired,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! I will post it as long as I feel it is appropriate for my audience. Thanks!